Scenarios are special files that tell Glest how to play a game. They have set values, so you cannot choose your faction, nor your map, tileset, and opponents. However, scenarios can use scripts to allow them to do things not otherwise possible, such as campaigns. Due to this, they are able to tell a story, and can be considered a more linear story mode compared to the "free play" of a custom game. This is a list of available independent scenarios available to download. Most scenarios are bundled with the mod they are made for (for example, Military comes with over 20 scenarios that require it and all its maps and tilesets), and thus, not available for individual download here.
The Three Towers
- Author: wciow
- Techtree: Consult the package readme.txt file
- Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1muknztimzm Scenario
- Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mtzuhzndnez Multiplayer
- Date: Aug 2009
- Additional Notes: Scenario is meant to be played with my dwarf faction but can be easily adjusted to work with tech by changing a few lines of the XML. You need to add the faction 'clock' to your magitech tech tree and the map valley.gbm in your maps folder.
- Author: Pheonix
- Techtree: Magitech
- Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/znyjzwtktxe/last_defense.rar
- Date: November 2009
- Additional Notes: Fun scenario for Glest newbies.